Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

FS: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L motherboard, 500GB Seagate 7200.11 HDD

I've got a used Gigabyte P35-DS3L socket LGA775 motherboard for sale for $50 - it will come with the original box and whatever accessories I can find that originally went with it. The board is in perfect working order although it does have a tiny nick on the backside that I put a dab of superglue on.

I'm actually using the board right now, typing this post on it in fact. The only reason I'm selling is because I'm upgrading to a P45 chipset board to better support overclocking my Quad Core Q9450.

This board supports all previous and current LGA775 CPUs including the new 45nm quads and duos. Overclocking is excellent with 65nm quads and duos, and with most 45nm duos. 45nm quads don't overclock all that well with the P35 chipset but they run great at stock speed and even a few hundred mhz above stock.

The only modification done to this board is that the northbridge heatsink was removed so the original thermal paste could be cleaned off and replaced with Arctic Silver 5. Then the original heatsink was replaced using bolts and springs instead of the original pushpins (for better contact). I also have a 40mm fan screwed to it to keep it cooler, but you can remove it if you don't plan to overclock super-high or if you have a lot of airflow in your case anyway.

I may also be selling a VERY briefly used 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA2 hard drive (32MB cache, FAST) - probably for $50 shipped as well.

Thread closed, these items went into our HTPC instead. :p