Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

What have you bought lately?

Post pictures and/or linkage of your new toys whenever you buy something new! Here, I'll go first:

[Image: 002%281%29.jpg]
[Image: 003.JPG]

That's an Onkyo TX-NR515 7.1 AV receiver. I bought it because it features QDeo upscaling for all of it's analog inputs. This gets me the ability to run a single HDMI cable up to the TV and nothing else - the Onkyo will upscale everything to 1080p and send it over that single HDMI cable.

The video card is a cheap refurbished Sapphire Radeon 5570 from Newegg. I bought it because I needed a video card for the home theater PC that is capable of sending digital audio over the DVI / HDMI ports. The redneck GTX280 that's currently in there is a beast of a card, but it doesn't offer built-in audio and that sucks ass.

I'm surprised that card doesn't do digital audio. I know my 560TI does, and I thought my GTX 275 did. Then again My 560TI has a mini-hdmi port.

Umm I bought

46" Samsung LED 1080p
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN46EH6000FXZA

Samsung Blu-Ray With Wifi
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/blu-ray-dvd/BD-E5400/ZA

More to come
Chrono
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU: Intel Q9650 @ 3.60GHz (9x400MHz)
Ram: 8GB OCZ Reaper PC2-1066
Video: EVGA GTX560 Ti SC 2GB @ 900/1800/2004 Heart
Sephiroth - Rog Strix Hero III G731GU
CPU: i7 9750H
Video: Nvidia GTX 1660TI 6GB/intel UHD 630 
RAM: 16GB Micron CL19

Neocorteqz Wrote:I'm surprised that card doesn't do digital audio. I know my 560TI does, and I thought my GTX 275 did. Then again My 560TI has a mini-hdmi port.

Nope. Unfortunately Nvidia didn't start adding the built-in digital audio until the 4xx series of cards. Now my GTX280 DOES have a SPDIF passthrough where you can buy a special cable and run it from your audio card's internal SPDIF header to the GTX280 and pass digital audio out the DVI ports that way, but my HTPC's motherboard doesn't have an SPDIF header and the GTX280's redneck cooling solution covers all of the PCIE slots so I can't add a dedicated sound card.

In a few months I plan to upgrade the GTX560 in the NoxBox to something better and then will pass it down to the HTPC.

Last night I got a pair of prescription eyeglasses from Coastal for free, just had to pay shipping. Hopefully they turn out OK.

I also bought a Straight Talk AT&T SIM from Walmart for my Galaxy Nexus - I'm going to switch from my $30/month T-Mobile plan to the $45/month Straight Talk unlimited plan.

I bought this today:

[Image: IMG_20130203.jpg]

...it's...uh...a rug.

Yeah..... but does the carpet match the curtains? :firedevil:

TheGeekRedneck Wrote:Yeah..... but does the carpet match the curtains? :firedevil:

Curtains are nondescript burlap...I suppose that matches.

Bought a XBox 360.

I have a Free copy of skyrim for Download with it. if any of you also have an xbox 360 I'm willing to give away the DL code to you free of charge, I got Skyrim free with the Bethesda Insiders for retailers. So I already own a copy.
Chrono

Comics.

[Image: 20130204204418.jpg]
Thundercracker: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//GIGABYTE RTX 2070 Super//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Fractal Design Focus G Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Win10 Pro 64-Bit

Neocorteqz Wrote:Bought a XBox 360.

I have a Free copy of skyrim for Download with it. if any of you also have an xbox 360 I'm willing to give away the DL code to you free of charge, I got Skyrim free with the Bethesda Insiders for retailers. So I already own a copy.

You know what, I will hit you up on that sir.

Here's my recent purchases over the last month. It's mostly blu-ray movies.

[Image: IMG_0518_thumb.jpg]
∆Mi-1=-a∑Di(n)(∑Fij(n-1)+Fexti(n-1))

Overwheat Wrote:You know what, I will hit you up on that sir.

lulz Chasing Amy Big Grin

Overwheat Wrote:You know what, I will hit you up on that sir.

[URL="http://www.bbpix.com/files/12/IMG_0518.JPG"]
[/URL]

YGPM sir
Chrono

Today I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note II. I've popped a 32GB Class 10 MicroSD into it and am in the process of transferring all of my photos and videos off the Galaxy Nexus.

Given our recent history with phones, I'll put the GNex away as a spare ... you never know when Julie or I will break another one :p

Or Mario.
Thundercracker: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//GIGABYTE RTX 2070 Super//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Fractal Design Focus G Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Win10 Pro 64-Bit

Sorce Wrote:Or Mario.

I can't blame this stuff on him yet ... he doesn't know that you're not supposed to do that. At this point, he knows Mommy and Daddy will get mad when he does certain things, but he hasn't quite made the connection that the best way to avoid getting put in time-out is to not do those things.

...and, on that note, I bought an OtterBox Defender case for the Galaxy Note II. Julie's Galaxy S III and my GNex are also in Defenders. Yep, they make the phones bulky as hell, but they can now be used as weapons.

evildre Wrote:I can't blame this stuff on him yet ... he doesn't know that you're not supposed to do that. At this point, he knows Mommy and Daddy will get mad when he does certain things, but he hasn't quite made the connection that the best way to avoid getting put in time-out is to not do those things.

...and, on that note, I bought an OtterBox Defender case for the Galaxy Note II. Julie's Galaxy S III and my GNex are also in Defenders. Yep, they make the phones bulky as hell, but they can now be used as weapons.

I need to write the PR at Otterbox and see if I can get them to send me a sample to do a Youtube review on...

evildre Wrote:I can't blame this stuff on him yet ... he doesn't know that you're not supposed to do that. At this point, he knows Mommy and Daddy will get mad when he does certain things, but he hasn't quite made the connection that the best way to avoid getting put in time-out is to not do those things.

I love my defender for the S III. I can finally drop my phone occasionally like I always do, and not worry.

COD: Black Ops 2 and Halo 4 for Xbox. Still waiting for Aliens: Colonial Marines to release so I can play. Sometimes I hate pre-ordering...
Chrono

I just ordered the Everything sampler pack off of http://www.westcoastshaving.com. I threw a 5-pack of Personna Lab Blue razors in there as well based on one of the reviews.

At the moment I am using Merkur blades and, while they are good, they nick my face quite a bit. I'd like to try some other blades to see if I can find a better match.

I also bought a Merkur 37C razor. It's the same size as my current 34C but it has a slanted head for a more aggressive cut. I have a bunch of testing to do now... tons of blades, and then slanted vs. non-slanted. That, and I have to remap my face, as I appear to be nicking some areas more than I used to.

Just bought a new bedframe, along with some brackets for a headboard.

I'll finally have something 'nice' underneath my mattress instead of an old/used boxframe I got from a family member.

I didn't buy, but won a GTX 680 from PDXLan a couple weeks ago. That promptly replaced my two GTX 560ti's.

Recently ordered a pair of the Sennheiser HD428 SC headphones. When those came in I realized how shitty my on board audio was and went and bought Creative's new Sound Blaster Z to remedy that fact. I am thoroughly pleased with this sound card, even my Z506's sound sooooo much better.

I'm now going to go get taco's to celebrate.
∆Mi-1=-a∑Di(n)(∑Fij(n-1)+Fexti(n-1))

Overwheat Wrote:I didn't buy, but won a GTX 680 from PDXLan a couple weeks ago. That promptly replaced my two GTX 560ti's.

That's freakin' sweet! Hell I'd be happy with the 560Ti... I'm still running a vanilla 560.. stupid Duke Nukem 'Balls of Steel' plastered all over it. Talk about false advertising...

I just bought this today:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6882290034

Again for the redneck home theater room...

[Image: 012%281%29.jpg]
[Image: 013.JPG]
[Image: 016.JPG]

[Image: 034_thumb.jpg]

Wii2HDMI for the Wii, Wireless Xbox 360 controller for my PC. Smile

Shoot, forgot about this thread! What did I buy ...
  • Two 2TB WD Black series hard disks
  • 14' x 14' bouncy house with built-in ball pit for Mario
  • 200 plastic balls for said bouncy house with built-in ball pit
  • Google Chromecast (hasn't arrived yet)
  • Rear bumper for my car (okay, only the deductible, but I got rear-ended and had to get it fixed)

Tomorrow, I put a down payment on landscaping for the front of my house. Wa-hey!

[Image: 005_thumb.jpg]

Big Grin Oh hey can you read the key for Batman: Arkham Origins?

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=870

...the 4TB one.

Assassin's Creed 4, No link needed (lol) and it was for the 360.
Chrono

Proraso green tea & oat pre/post shave cream

Merkur Vision 2000 adjustable safety razor

[Image: 001%281%29_thumb.jpg]

Bought the Zelda 3DS XL bundle on Thanksgiving, ordered Paper Mario a few days later....

And no, I haven't opened the damned 3DS yet lol...

[Image: tp-wdr3600%20new%20box_thumb.jpg]

Kinda broke my "I refuse to spend more than $50 on a router" rule, but it should be worth it.... replacing a ten year old WRT54G....

LG Nexus 5, wireless charger, and case Smile

Plantronics M55 headset, since holding your phone to your ear when you're driving is illegal now in all of Illinois (previously it was just illegal in the city of Chicago).

http://www.zappos.com/puma-future-cat-m2 ... in the "black coffee" color.

A Klein Dual Range Non-Contact Voltage Tester. Honestly I can't believe I didn't have one yet.

Also:
Near future: drywall, insulation, Waste Management Bagster
Possibly for the same project: electrical conduit, box (not sure if 1- or 2-gang yet), 15A duplex outlet (1 or 2, depending on the box), and appropriate wall plate.

Also, I just shipped a pair of Cisco 2921 routers to Sydney. Not sure how much that costs because the receptionist used our UPS account.

Bought a Galaxy Note 3, micro usb cable for car charger duties, case & 3.5mm to 3.5mm male-male cable for audio duties in the wife's explorer.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $4024 ($972 with sales)
  • Games owned: 368
  • Games played: 128 (34%)
  • Hours on record: 917.8h

Bought the Waste Management Bagster today. Also got Julie a birthday cake from Cakes by Carlos. It wasn't a custom-made fancy cake, but it does have a nifty checkerboard pattern inside Smile

Bought another two Waste Management Bagsters, and I scheduled pickups for two of the three I have. The third one will remain in the garage, in its package, until we need it. That shit's expensive.

Also got a DeWalt chalk reel, a pair of face masks, and 6 of these. My friend Jeff and I filled up two of those Bagsters with drywall, old insulation, nails, and a bunch of other shit. We didn't do the drywall on the ceiling because it's cold ... can't really do the taping properly if it's cold.

Uh...a Honda Odyssey.

evildre Wrote:Uh...a Honda Odyssey.

Big Grin

This text is here because the forum says that 'Big Grin' is too short a message to be posting.

Just ordered WeatherTech floor mats for the Odyssey.

[Image: amazon%20pool%20fitting%20and%20undies%20order.png]
[Image: ebay%20leaf%20blower%20vac.png]

Kinda pissed because that Amazon order was placed over a week ago, and they only just shipped it Sunday. I wonder if I had paid for Prime if they would have taken just as long to get the package out the door?

Our pool hasn't been running for almost a month now, and it was only running sporadically before that because the bearings in the old motor were bad. We bought the new pump the weekend before last and I screwed up one of the included fittings during the re-plumb, hence the urgent need for the replacement fitting from Amazon.

Oh, as you can see I also bought myself some new undies. :p

And then this morning I was surfing SlickDeals and saw that leaf blower / vac for $25 factory refurbished. I jumped on it since I had been considering purchasing the very same blower new from Home Depot for it's $60 retail price. At $25 shipped it's a steal...