GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > Gaming

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 10-20-2008, 06:39 PM
i liek turtles

Default EYE CANDY: Share your game screenshots here!

Looks like the old one didn't make it ... so here's the new one!

This is what happens when you trick or treat at the Exodar ... your level 70 gnome warrior gets turned into a level 70 human ninja!

His feet nearly touch the ground when he mounts up:

Yes, I am dual-wielding two-handed weapons now Main hand is a Crystalforged War Axe and off-hand is a Halaani Claymore. Yes, I hit slower than I did before, but damn do I hit hard
Emerald: i7-4930k @stock, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4, 64GB Crucial DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX 1070 TURBO 8GB, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750

Last edited by evildre; 10-20-2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: My dumb ass forgot to close the url tag
Old 10-20-2008, 10:11 PM
i liek turtles

Got a new pet for the hunter!

TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!111`~
Emerald: i7-4930k @stock, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4, 64GB Crucial DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX 1070 TURBO 8GB, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750
Old 10-21-2008, 12:54 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Ooooh purdy!!!!

Sorry about your other thread by the way...

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:55 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildre View Post
TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!111`~
Burninating the countryside... Burninating the peasants!!!!

TROOOOOOGDOOOOOOOR!!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:00 PM
i liek turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
Ooooh purdy!!!!

Sorry about your other thread by the way...
No probs, gave me a minute to upload screenshots

Some are 1680x1050, others are 1440x900 (or something like that) ... the 1680 ones are from my desktop, which is running a GeForce 8800GTS with 640MB, and the 1440 ones were taken on my MacBook Pro
Old 10-25-2008, 09:27 PM
i liek turtles

Moar!

Someone changed me into a bat for Halloween:

Got a new pet ... replaced my green dragon with a red one Also, there was a necropolis in front of Gadgetzan this afternoon, with a mass of level 69-70 zombies around. I ended up joining a raid group, there were 20 people at one point hammering at those things. In the end, several 70 Elite mobs spawned and we had to take 'em down:

More to come later, I have screenshots of the raid group too
Old 10-25-2008, 10:35 PM
i liek turtles

Alrighty, MORE!

Here's the undead army that was amassing near cities today. You'd think the way to kill them all would be to break that green floating stone in the middle, but that just isn't the case. Every time you kill an undead minion there, the stone would get a little weaker. This picture doesn't do the army justice -- as you got closer, you saw more and more undead, but you ran the risk of drawing aggro. Because they're level 69-70, and I was 45 at that moment, I didn't feel like getting too close:

I logged out of my hunter and on to the warrior in an effort to make the stone weaker

As I mentioned before, some elite mobs spawned. Once the stones were weakened to a point, some guys would come down from the necropolis to repair the stone; those guys couldn't be touched (i.e. they didn't attack, you couldn't attack). Then, after a little while longer, these "shadows of doom" appeared. The meter above the chat box is Omen, which measures threat -- I haven't updated DamageMeters yet, but based on the fact that the raid party was kiting these bastards around I probably had pretty low damage per second in the fight:

The necropolises (necropoli?) appeared in various locations. After we took care of the ones in Tanaris, we flew up to Azhara and knocked 3 out:

Then we flew up to Winterspring, but the Horde had arrived already. When I dropped Thunder Clap to draw some aggro I apparently caused a minuscule amount of damage to a fully epic'd-out Orc rogue, which resulted in me getting flagged for PvP combat (I'm on a PvE server, so normally this flag is disabled), and he fucking destroyed me ... so I rez'd. The fucker was stealthed and corpse-camped me, so when I resurrected he ganked me (with 50% health, that asshole) and I got killed again. I ran back to my corpse and stood there for a minute and, once the horde guys were gone, I hit my hearthstone and got the hell out of there. That is why I want better gear
Old 10-25-2008, 10:40 PM
i liek turtles

Anyway ... more fun pictures.

O RLY

I traded in my bow for a gun, and am now able to do about 10 more damage per second with my ranged attacks. The gun has an enchant on it that gives me additional health, which is always good:

Shortly before logging off tonight I decided to trick-or-treat at the inn at Theramore. In my treat bag I received a rare vanity pet (a.k.a. companion, which is non-combat). Here are both of my pets guarding my bed:

I'll probably post more screenshots tomorrow ... I had planned on running through a couple of dungeons with my guild on the main, but the group leader and his wife (both founding members of the guild) had visitors at their house so they logged out.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:05 PM
i liek turtles

As you can probably tell, I played WoW a lot this weekend!

While doing my daily quests this morning I ran into a Draenei who was turned into a skeleton ... who ROCKED:

I wish screenshots captured sound. There was a sweet guitar solo going on, and the guy was headbanging. Brilliant.

Baccalà's green helmet was getting old. Coincidentally, I received a bitchin' hat with better stats as a quest reward, so I equipped it:

My brother-in-law trick-or-treated the innkeeper in Tanaris and got a treat bag. Within the treat bag was a Weighted Pumpkin, which can be thrown at people, resulting in the now-familiar pumpkin heads:

To thank him for throwing a pumpkin at my head, I used my Hallowed Wand (also obtained from a treat bag) to turn his ass into a skeleton:

I leveled up to 48 today. Prior to level 60, characters can report to their respective class trainers to learn new skills. I flew up toward Ironforge and saw a necropolis floating in front of it:

Turns out the hunter trainer in Ironforge was transformed to a zombie (not a situation I wanted to be in, of course), so I got on the tram to go to Stormwind. When I got down there it wasn't in ... so I had a seat to wait:

Shortly after that I got back on my main and ran Agarro through Zul'Farrak. I did a ton of damage and, when the trolls started to run away, he cleaned them up. Good times.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:14 AM
TROLOLO

I lurves eye candy!

I may start a 'general' eye candy thread where we can post screenies of all games, would you be offended if when I did that I merged this thread with them?

(Honest answer please, I see nothing wrong with a 'WoW Eye Candy' thread if that's how you want it to be, so long as you keep providing eye candy!)