GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > Gaming

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 10-23-2016, 10:52 AM
i liek turtles

Still playing BL2 as the Mechromancer, on True Vault Hunter Mode at the moment (i.e. second playthrough). I just unlocked Eridium Blight and did the LOTR Easter egg quest ... got some purplz (though they were all non-DPUH pistols, so they were useless to me), and got the Fragger head. I've applied the Green Meanie skin because GREEN.
Emerald: i7-4930k @stock, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4, 64GB Crucial DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX 1070 TURBO 8GB, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750
Old 11-14-2016, 07:30 AM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

I started replaying the original Borderlands three or four days ago...

Last time I played as Mordecai (named 'Captain Pants'), this time I'm trying Lilith who I've aptly named 'MJ RottenCrotch'. Despite the Siren having advantages using SMGs I still tend to gravitate towards using sniper rifles because I just love getting one shot kills so much.

Her Phasewalk skill is kind of neat but I hardly ever remember to use it.

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 10-04-2017, 03:23 AM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

https://gbatemp.net/threads/zelda-wi...on-mod.427010/

I'm about to start replaying The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker!

The way I see it I had a few choices:

1. Dig out one of the FOUR GameCubes that I own, and play the original Gamecube release on real hardware. Tempting because I love authenticity and that wonderful purple cube so much... any excuse to get out the real hardware delights the hell out of me!

2. Same as above, but use a Wii in GC mode - luckily my Wii (I only own one myself, but want to get more) is one of the RVL-001 models before they cut out Gamecube compatability.

3. Load up the latest version of CEMU, the Wii U emulator, find a copy of the Wii U release (Aptly labeled "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD" and play it that way. While CEMU has come a long way especially in the last two years, there ARE still a few graphical quirks that can crop up. Plus there are the issues with controlling it since I believe it does use the Wii U gamepad screen functionality in some small fashion. Meh...

4. Play the Gamecube release, but on the PC using Dolphin. For those of you who don't know, Dolphin is THE Wii / Gamecube emulator for the PC. It's such a good emulator that it runs almost everything perfectly. In addition, many enterprising and dedicated developers have actually developed high definition texture packs and modifications to the Wii/GC library that make certain games look and play better than they ever did even on original hardware.

I think I'm choosing option 4!

So I found my original copy of The Wind Waker for the cube, and just downloaded the definitive HD graphics and gameplay mod for the game found here.

I even plan on using a real GC controller to play this instead of my trusty Xbox One S wireless controller, assuming I can find my little USB to N64/GC/PS2 adaptoid thing that I know I have stashed somewhere in my garage PC parts bins.

Sample gameplay video of the mod in action (Not my video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=CuN_mIzfc0I

Old 10-09-2017, 02:17 PM
TROLOLO

Well, in a last minute change of plans I decided to throw caution to the wind (waker) and 'aquired' a copy of Wind Waker HD for the WiiU, setup Cemu (WiiU emulator), and have now started playing the much acclaimed WiiU port of Wind Waker - dubbed "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD".

So far they didn't change the game much - the core gameplay and cell shaded graphical style from the original release on the Gamecube is still very much intact. What they did add were slight enhancements like bloom, and more shadowing with some really nice blending and lighting effects. I've heard there are a few gameplay enhancements further in the story (like they cut the final Triforce quest down quite a bit because it was so tedious), but I haven't gotten that far yet.

In fact, I'm embarrassed to say I'm quite stuck right now! I got to Dragonroost Island and threw the little birdie girl up on a ledge and can't figure out what to do from there. I'm going to try again tonight but I may have to resort to looking up what to do next. As I get older I get worse and worse at figuring this shit out... LOL. I know I played the game completely through on the Gamecube though... fifteen years ago!

Old 12-11-2017, 08:01 AM
i liek turtles

I'm currently playing The Witcher. Plan on playing 2 and 3 as well. I'm taking my time because I've never played it before. I'm not expecting miracles for the graphics on the first one, but I suspect I'll enjoy 2 and 3 with the 1070

After The Witcher series I'm not sure if I should replay Wolfenstein: The Old Blood/The New Order and go into II, go to the F.E.A.R series, go to Far Cry, or replay Crysis (because "does it run Crysis" is probably a resounding "yes" on the 1070).
Emerald: i7-4930k @stock, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4, 64GB Crucial DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX 1070 TURBO 8GB, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750