GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > The Lobby

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 05-19-2017, 07:24 PM
i liek turtles

I've seen the bad reviews of the Galaxy Fit 2's heart rate monitor. Based on the readings I got during my workout today, I'd say those reviews aren't correct.
Emerald: i7-2600k @ 4.6 GHz, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3, 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT DDR3-1866, MSI GeForce GTX 970 100ME, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750
Old 05-19-2017, 08:31 PM
teh gun geek

Any device like that can do good or bad aft measuring heart rate

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk
Do or do not, there is no try.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Old 05-20-2017, 10:28 AM
i liek turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt View Post
Any device like that can do good or bad aft measuring heart rate

Of course, but when the overwhelming majority of reviews of the device say it sucks, it's good to see that mine doesn't.

Anyway ... after several days of pretty much continuous printing, I have finally finished and installed the Z-braces on the 3D printer of fury at the office. Looks something like this, but the parts are green, not purple. That's not the one I'm using int he office either -- my filament is mounted on the power supply (on the left side), which sits higher than the frame; the Raspberry Pi 3B case sits on top of the frame. I've also used 100% fill because it's structural and I wanted the strongest possible pieces. I have also received stainless steel and aluminum extrusion components, which are more durable than the brass/plastic factory units. The nozzle/tube/cooling block are stainless steel (stock ones are brass), and the lever/extruder plate are aluminum (stock ones are plastic/brass). Also got a borosilicate glass plate and silicone thermal pad, which will mount directly to the aluminum build plate and provide a smoother build surface that heats more consistently. In order to use it I will need to raise the Z axis end stop by a few millimeters; the manufacturer of the printer provides the STL file to do that exact thing, but I'm using a modified version of that file that provides a bit more range and mounts using nuts/bolts rather than bolting directly to the axis.

The extruder head fan threw a bearing so I had to replace it. I used a Scythe 40x40x10 fan. Now that I've finished printing the Z brace I'll replace the extruder motor fan as well. I'll have to throw a grille on it as well ... the extruder head fan has a grille that looks like a jet engine, it's sweet as hell. Because of the X axis home position, though, I can't use that same type of grille on the motor fan -- sits too close to the Z axis frame -- so I'll just do a regular thin grille for that, and use slightly longer screws to mount it to the heatsink. At any rate, the Scythe fans are so much quieter than the stock ones ... I may produce a shroud for a 120mm fan on the back of the power supply, since the stock fan is stupid loud. There's also the question of a grille ... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1794905

Basically, the cheap 3D printer I bought for the office has turned into a monster. I've printed so many mods that it's gotten a bit crazy. Ultimately, though, I'll get better-quality prints, and that's all that matters ... especially when I'm about to start a decent run of 20+ objects that take 6 hours to print each.
Emerald: i7-2600k @ 4.6 GHz, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3, 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT DDR3-1866, MSI GeForce GTX 970 100ME, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750
Old 05-20-2017, 10:30 AM
teh gun geek

I need to get my printer back up and running, it has a few problems right now

GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++
Old 05-20-2017, 05:36 PM
i liek turtles

I'm going to install an SSD in Julie's laptop. Preparing a USB stick with Windows 10 version 1703 and various other stuff.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:34 PM
i liek turtles

SSD's installed and the laptop is golden now. It's a Lenovo ThinkPad E520 type 11433FU, and it's silly fast

I migrated to a Lenovo ThinkPad E570 at work yesterday but left the default drivers that SCCM deploys on it. I'm upgrading them now. Yes, remotely. Figured I'd take care of that while the head office is doing their maintenance operations, as one of the top-of-rack switches I'd be accessing stuff through is going to go down as part of that.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:54 PM
teh gun geek

If it wasn't raining here, I'd mess with my 3D printer, but I hate walking to the garage in the rain

Old 05-20-2017, 11:17 PM
i liek turtles

That's why I print in PLA -- no nasty fumes

Also, this is just what I want to be doing at 23:17 on a Saturday -- calling Dell for two replacement hard disks.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:05 AM
teh gun geek

Even if I used PLA it would be in the garage. No room inside.....
Wife just saw the Force Awakens for the first time. She liked it. And I have my first Siacoin storage contracts.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:50 AM
i liek turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt View Post
Even if I used PLA it would be in the garage. No room inside.....
Wife just saw the Force Awakens for the first time. She liked it. And I have my first Siacoin storage contracts.

Aah, gotcha. Mine's at work ... it's not really mine, after all, so it's in a big ol' open-floorplan office. I sit right next to it, so I bear the brunt of the noise, but nobody else can hear it unless the office is pretty much deserted.