GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > Gaming

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 05-23-2015, 10:23 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Somehow I got suckered into playing Final Fantasy VII (on the PC).... this would be the first FF game I've ever played. The closest I've ever come to playing a Final Fantasy game would be Super Mario RPG....

There is definitely a learning curve, but the story is pretty interesting...

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 07-08-2015, 10:45 AM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

.....and now I've been playing Final Fantasy XIII for the PC since someone was kind enough to buy it for me. Holy wow talk about gorgeous...

Amazingly pretty game and you guys know I love eye candy. Learning curve is a pain, I don't really 'get' the Paradigm system and just find it annoying in general. But I'm loving the story and I totally have the hots for Vanille....

I never did finish Final Fantasy VII, although I got a whole bunch of the rare materia and the golden chocobo.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:50 AM
teh gun geek

Whats this "gaming" you guys talk of?
Do or do not, there is no try.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1525 ($1000 with sales)
  • Games owned: 358
  • Games played: 124 (34%)
  • Hours on record: 875.6h
Old 08-23-2015, 05:23 PM
TROLOLO

Seeing Sorce update his gaming backlog thread and I realize yet again I have so so soooo freaking much to play.

The last game I played was Final Fantasy XIII and it was pretty great, but I last played over a month ago because Real Life has been taking up most of my time.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:24 PM
TROLOLO

I'm currently playing 'Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition'. My little brother gifted it to me a few days ago and so I felt like I needed to at least give it a try and show him I appreciated it.... and I'm actually quite enjoying it!

Think metroidvania style platformer, with a really unique art style... and a superb sense of humor!

Old 10-12-2015, 08:25 AM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

Re-playing the original F.E.A.R.

Must be that time of year, I think.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit
Old 03-28-2016, 09:47 AM
TROLOLO

Restarted Final Fantasy XIII about a week ago and am now heavy into it...

I've never been a fan of these types of games (save for the original 'Super Mario RPG'). Turn based RPGs and JRPGs in particular just never seemed to grab my attention growing up so I totally missed out on all of the NES and SNES era Final Fantasy games. Then around a year ago my cousin asked for FFVII for the PC so I found a copy and hooked him up, and ended up getting hooked on it while I was testing it out on his machine. I pretty much finished that game except for beating Sepiroth (the final boss) because it was just so unbelievably difficult - but the story was amazing.

So then earlier last year that same cousin gifted ME Final Fantasy XIII on Steam and I figured I owed it to him to at least give it a try. I was pretty much immediately hooked on the story and the insane amount of eye candy the game had to offer... the PC port is a few years old now (the original PS3 and Xbox 360 versions date back to 2010) and I can honestly say it's one of the prettiest games I've ever seen. Super colorful and richly detailed characters and environment that look simply gorgeous on my 4K TV - rendered AT 4k.

The story has me totally hooked too.... it's rich with legend and lore and has this post apocalyptic sort of vibe that I uber love.

I'm going to probably post a more detailed review in my backlog thread when I finish the game, but ..... hey it's what I'm currently playing!

Old 08-22-2016, 05:24 AM
TROLOLO

Wow, haven't posted here in awhile!

Final Fantasy XIII? I beateded it! I want to re-iterate that before this I had only played Final Fantasy VII on the PC, and even that was only around two years ago. Before that? None. Never tried or was interested in the NES, SNES, and PSX games... I always thought they were boring compared to the likes of Zelda and Mario.

I was wrong.

Final Fantasy XIII has a fairly engrossing story and although the gameplay can be frustrating, the rewards are worth it. Graphics are simply beautiful even several years after it's release on the PC - and despite what you might have heard it has full support for 4K resolutions. It's one hell of a piece of eye candy! The soundtrack is even better - it's magnificent and memorable, even emotional. The main theme entitled "The Promise" has sections that literally give me goosebumps. I could easily (and DO) listen to it outside of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxSXm8qGjS8

This isn't the review I promised, but just my quick thoughts on the game. I actually finished it a few months ago.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:33 AM
TROLOLO

What am I playing now?

Titan Quest with the Immortal Throne expansion pack (by all rights these two should never even be sold separately). Yes, this game came out in 2008. Yes, you've heard me rave about it before. Yes, you should play it.

I've played through the game at least three times before since it released and yet it still isn't tiring. Especially if you can find at least one other person to play through it co-op. This is easily one of the best click-n-loot style games ever, right up there with Diablo and all of it's sequels. And the graphics still look pretty damn good today.

My reasons for replaying it now are twofold:

1. I recently bought Grim Dawn, a spiritual successor of sorts that was made by ex Iron Lore employees. I wanted to refresh my fond memories of what Titan Quest had to offer before I dive into Grim Dawn to make a comparison.
2. Crate is also working on an update patch for Titan Quest, adding things like ultra high resolution support, additional graphics features, and fixing several long standing bugs. I joined the beta group on Steam and am playtesting.

If you've never played Titan Quest you absolutely owe it to yourself to at least give it a good try. It simply does not disappoint!

Old 08-22-2016, 08:15 AM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

Reigns.

It's a phone game where the object is to rule as King as long as possible before you die. Gameplay consists of swiping left or right for decisions, and everything affects your 4 stats: Religion, The People, Military, and Treasury. Of course, not everything is all good or all bad; for example starting a Crusade is "a very lucrative way to thin the population".

For $2.99 it's pretty fun, and if you run those Google Surveys like I do, the game was essentially "free" to buy.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit