GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > Gaming

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 09-16-2014, 01:37 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Playing through the career mode of NFS:U and things just suddenly got really freakin' hard.

I can't remember what level I'm at but I want to say 60 or 70....

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Overwheat Send a message via MSN to Overwheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekRedneck View Post
Isn't Bully a RockStar game?

I think whatever engine they use is royally screwed up on some setups. For instance L.A. Noire has this super annoying bug when you set it to 1080p @ 60hz.... it does this weird thing where the screen flickers, there is crazy input lag, and the entire screen has this weird sepia tone to it. The only fix I've found is to set it to 1080p @ 30hz, then change it back to 60hz. You have to do this each time you launch the damn game....
For LA Noire, make sure you're running the DX9 version of the game instead of the DX11, I had a bunch of issues with the DX11 version.

Bully uses the Gamebryo engine (RenderWare for the original PS2 version), not the RAGE engine sadly, and I believe LA Noire does use RAGE but couldn't find anything saying so, only that it used Havok for physics. Also LA Noire wasn't developed by Rockstar, only published.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:49 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overwheat View Post
For LA Noire, make sure you're running the DX9 version of the game instead of the DX11, I had a bunch of issues with the DX11 version.

Bully uses the Gamebryo engine (RenderWare for the original PS2 version), not the RAGE engine sadly, and I believe LA Noire does use RAGE but couldn't find anything saying so, only that it used Havok for physics. Also LA Noire wasn't developed by Rockstar, only published.
Ohh.... uh.... well YOU KNOW WHAT?

DATA DIES! And so does DUMBLEDORE!

Old 09-20-2014, 04:02 AM
TROLOLO

On race 84 of 111 in the career mode of NFS: Underground.... holy freakin shizzballs it's hard. No matter what I do I can't seem to win it. Stuck for two days now...

Old 09-20-2014, 11:06 PM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

OG Borderlands.

A friend picked it up, and Gearbox finally replaced Gamespy with Steamworks for MP, so I created a new character (Lilith) and have been running through the game with her a bit.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit
Old 01-13-2015, 12:41 PM
TROLOLO

I haven't had much time for any serious gaming, but I have been on a mission to play through Banjo-Kazooie on the N64. Goddamn, it's a lot harder than I thought it would be!

Old 02-10-2015, 01:47 PM
i liek turtles

Finally started Wolfenstein: The New Order last night. So far, it's exactly the type of game I was expecting, and I love it.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:35 AM
TROLOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekRedneck View Post
I haven't had much time for any serious gaming, but I have been on a mission to play through Banjo-Kazooie on the N64. Goddamn, it's a lot harder than I thought it would be!
Hadn't played it in a couple months, but picked back up on my save game last night. I've got 9 out of 10 jiggies in Click Clock Woods with the last jiggy being the one for the freaking Jinjos (which I hate). After I get this last jiggy it will be time for Grunty's Funtime Freakshow or whatever the hell it's called.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:09 AM
TROLOLO

I got the last Jiggy in Click Clock Woods!!! w00t w00t!!!!

Then I had to go back and re-visit some levels in order to increase my score of musical notes to get 882, which would unlock the last note door in the game and give me double life. (It turns your honeycombs red and makes them last twice as long). You absolutely need this to defeat that bitch Gruntilda....

I DID IT!!!! I beat Gruntilda!!! I decided not to post any screens of the boss battle with Gruntilda, it's just too epic to spoil. I'll tell you this.... it's freaking hard as hell. Probably one of the most difficult battles in a game I've ever played.

What do I play next? My cousin and little brother want me to move right on to Banjo-Tooie, but I think I might give myself a break from that and either play Borderlands 2 on the PC or something else.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:45 PM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

You wants some BL2 co-op? I can give you some BL2 co-op.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit