GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > The Lobby

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 12-01-2017, 08:10 AM
teh gun geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildre View Post
Everything copied to the Drobo last night, but creating the storage space was a pain in the ass because Windows wouldn't do it through the UI or anything. Disks are numbered 0 and 1, interestingly enough. It'd give me an error basically stating that Windows had no idea what to do with the disks, even though they were both free of partitions. Long story short, here's what I ended up doing in an elevated PowerShell:
  • diskpart -> select disk 0 -> attributes disk clear readonly -> clean
  • diskpart -> select disk 1 -> attributes disk clear readonly -> clean
  • Get-PhysicalDisk | ? FriendlyName -eq "WDC WD60EFRX-68MYMN1" | Reset-PhysicalDisk

When you run "Get-PhysicalDisk" in PowerShell your system lists the physical disks, appropriately enough. The default columns are FriendlyName (the make/model), SerialNumber, MediaType (SSD/HDD/Unspecified on my system), CanPool (true/false), OperationalStatus, HealthStatus, Usage, and Size. All of the disks in my system had CanPool set to False. That last PowerShell command reset that flag to True for both of the 6TB WD Reds, and then I was able to create the storage space without any trouble.
PowerShell is both nice and a PITA. We have to use it in the software we write at work so we can manage Skype for Business & Exchange Unified Messaging, so I'm stuck using it more and more
Do or do not, there is no try.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Old 12-01-2017, 10:18 AM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

I LIEK TURTLES.

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 12-01-2017, 10:20 AM
teh gun geek

I got OpenVMS 7.3 installed in SIMH, no clue how to really use it yet though.
GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++
Old 12-01-2017, 10:32 AM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

So I ordered a 100 foot steel fish tape reel on November 25th. The ebay listing promised "Fast-N-Free" shipping, and indeed a few hours later it showed shipped via UPS 2nd day air with an estimated delivery date of Wednesday the 29th. It didn't show up Wednesday, it didn't show up yesterday. I'm starting to get pissed... It's the first time I've ever had an issue with an Ebay purchase. It would be a time when I actually NEED something and it's time sensitive.

I guess I'm just going to have to get started on the project and try fishing the CAT6 down the walls with a straightened wire coathanger.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:44 PM
i liek turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekRedneck View Post
I LIEK TURTLES.
y u quote my custom title
Emerald: i7-4930k @stock, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4, 64GB Crucial DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX 1070 TURBO 8GB, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750
Old 12-02-2017, 08:12 AM
i liek turtles

Hooray, everything's back on the D: drive. Now I need Google Drive to finish verifying the synced files. OneDrive has already finished that.

TeraCopy was being a pain, so I switched over to Robocopy with a retry limit of 5 and a wait limit of 1. Finished overnight. Ran it again a couple of times to make sure I didn't leave off any files. It only went into retry mode on G:\System Volume Information, so I'm happy.

Once I'm done verifying the ~300GB of stuff I have on Google Drive, I'll be done with the motherboard upgrade
Emerald: i7-4930k @stock, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4, 64GB Crucial DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX 1070 TURBO 8GB, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750
Old 12-03-2017, 12:48 AM
i liek turtles

Last BL2 part is done. #26.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:58 AM
i liek turtles

I was looking for some books in the basement and I found a couple of really cool things: my Nintendo 64 complete with Rampage, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 3, and Majora's Mask; my fucking reading glasses that have been missing for years; a stethoscope that Mia can use to play Doc McStuffins, who she absolutely adores; my Game Boy Advance and GBA SP with Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, and F-Zero; a toy dog dressed up like a reindeer that releases poop-shaped chocolate; and an EXTRA PCI EXPRESS POWER CABLE FOR MY CORSAIR POWER SUPPLY! I'm doing mental gymnastics over it though ... not sure if I should do it though. Considering selling the 970 and 1070 to get a 1070 Ti or a vanilla 1080, or maybe a watercooled card because air cooling is for Volkswagens.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:01 PM
teh gun geek

I hooked my Samsung ML-2525 to a Raspberry Pi 2 so I can use it over the network. My HP OfficeJet 8600 Pro is dying and won't print anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2017, 12:21 PM
TROLOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildre View Post
I was looking for some books in the basement and I found a couple of really cool things: my Nintendo 64 complete with Rampage, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 3, and Majora's Mask; my fucking reading glasses that have been missing for years; a stethoscope that Mia can use to play Doc McStuffins, who she absolutely adores; my Game Boy Advance and GBA SP with Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, and F-Zero; a toy dog dressed up like a reindeer that releases poop-shaped chocolate; and an EXTRA PCI EXPRESS POWER CABLE FOR MY CORSAIR POWER SUPPLY! I'm doing mental gymnastics over it though ... not sure if I should do it though. Considering selling the 970 and 1070 to get a 1070 Ti or a vanilla 1080, or maybe a watercooled card because air cooling is for Volkswagens.
How can you possibly own Majora's Mask and not OoT????