GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > The Lobby

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 02-26-2012, 07:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to Overwheat Send a message via MSN to Overwheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neocorteqz View Post
What server?
Daragon Trail

Quote:
560ti Benchmark Stuffs
I'm ran a single 560ti for a few months, It handled everything beautifully, I eventually bought a 2nd one for SLi cause I found one for under $200 and it's even more sexy.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:51 AM
P.P.I.T.A - Professional Pain In the Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overwheat View Post
Daragon Trail

I'm ran a single 560ti for a few months, It handled everything beautifully, I eventually bought a 2nd one for SLi cause I found one for under $200 and it's even more sexy.
I thought it funny that i saw the 1GB reference Nvidia card for the same price as the EVGA 2GB card, and it was best buy at that, usually more expensive.

I think the card i have is a retail vendor exclusive, cause i looked at the website, they don't sell it on evga, and a maybe on Newegg.
Ram: 8GB OCZ Reaper PC2-1066
Video: EVGA GTX560 Ti SC 2GB @ 900/1800/2004
HD: 1x WD Black 640GB AALS SATA2 3.0GB/s
1x WD Black 1TB FALS SATA2 3.0GB/s
Optical: Samsung SH-S223Q 22x DVD multiwriter w/Lightscribe
Sound: Onboard 7.1 Surround
Speakers: Logitech X-540 5.1

Old 02-26-2012, 01:09 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Quote:
I thought it funny that i saw the 1GB reference Nvidia card for the same price as the EVGA 2GB card, and it was best buy at that, usually more expensive.

I think the card i have is a retail vendor exclusive, cause i looked at the website, they don't sell it on evga, and a maybe on Newegg.
EVGA sells a 2GB 560Ti as well as a couple of overclocked and superclocked models - but yes, they do have retail specific parts with different model numbers.

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:26 AM
teh gun geek

Just flashed a CM9 Kang build on my phone.
Do or do not, there is no try.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Old 02-29-2012, 06:51 PM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

So, I've been thinking about getting FRAPS, since ME3's coming up, but someone decided to take their review videos down to help me decide if it's worth it.

Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit
Old 02-29-2012, 08:40 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
So, I've been thinking about getting FRAPS, since ME3's coming up, but someone decided to take their review videos down to help me decide if it's worth it.

LONG long time ago on an old channel, lol.

I stand by what I've always said - FRAPS is hands down the best money I've actually spent on software (and I RARELY pay for software).

Buy it. You won't be sorry, I swear.

There are fairly recent versions floating around from that guy in Mexico if you need a little help deciding to purchase, but I strongly encourage you to pony up the cash. It's a tool you will never want to be without again.

That reminds me - I just finished encoding a 15 minute video of my recent adventures playing Titan Quest (yes, again). I think I'll upload it tonight while I sleep.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 PM
TROLOLO

Oh and Windows 8 sucks balls. Seriously.

DO NOT WANT. I got the Customer Preview and installed it as my main OS today. It lasted about 2 and a half hours.

Metro UI is attractive at first glance but quickly becomes limited and cumbersome... it's like LEGO made a GUI. The desktop is still there, but the OS foists Metro on you so often that the desktop may as well be useless. Oh and in case you haven't heard before the Start button and programs menu are GONE. Hit the windows key and what pops up? Metro and the main 'Start' screen.

About the only good things I have to say about it:

1. It boots insanely fast.
2. Windows 7 drivers work perfectly on it.
3. Metro UI would be nice for tablets.

Otherwise I say steer the fuck clear of Windows Milleniu... err.. I mean Windows 8.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:49 PM
TROLOLO

Hey they are still there:

Old 03-01-2012, 07:42 AM
i liek turtles

Yeah, the Start screen is obnoxious. But did you see how the copy function has changed? You can pause and resume file copies. Task Manager is also very different, apparently introducing some Process Explorer-like features.

I'm looking forward to the server version, given the Hyper-V enhancements.
Emerald: i7-4930k @stock, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4, 64GB Crucial DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX 1070 TURBO 8GB, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750

noisybox: i7-2600k @stock, Corsair H50, Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3, 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 500GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 2x 8TB WD Red RAID 1, Corsair Carbide 200R, 6x Thermaltake 120mm fans, SeaSonic X650 SS-650KM3, Debian 9.4 + Proxmox VE
Old 03-01-2012, 12:46 PM
teh gun geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekRedneck View Post
Oh and Windows 8 sucks balls. Seriously.

DO NOT WANT. I got the Customer Preview and installed it as my main OS today. It lasted about 2 and a half hours.

Metro UI is attractive at first glance but quickly becomes limited and cumbersome... it's like LEGO made a GUI. The desktop is still there, but the OS foists Metro on you so often that the desktop may as well be useless. Oh and in case you haven't heard before the Start button and programs menu are GONE. Hit the windows key and what pops up? Metro and the main 'Start' screen.

About the only good things I have to say about it:

1. It boots insanely fast.
2. Windows 7 drivers work perfectly on it.
3. Metro UI would be nice for tablets.

Otherwise I say steer the fuck clear of Windows Milleniu... err.. I mean Windows 8.
Unfortunately, I will have to use it for work. I'm sure we will have customers that switch to it right away. Due to that, I'm loading it on a VM at work and I'm gonna put it on a 300GB IDE drive I have at home. Not sure how much I will bother using it at home though.
Do or do not, there is no try.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------