GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > The Lobby

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 10-09-2017, 01:58 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildre View Post
Downloading a bunch of Linux ISOs.
I read this sentence and automatically thought you were downloading movies or games, but no, actual Linux ISOs. The dark corners of the intarwebs I dabbled in throughout my early years have corrupted my way of thinking forever...

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:01 PM
teh gun geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekRedneck View Post
I read this sentence and automatically thought you were downloading movies or games, but no, actual Linux ISOs. The dark corners of the intarwebs I dabbled in throughout my early years have corrupted my way of thinking forever...
I'm waiting on a PM reply.....
Do or do not, there is no try.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Old 10-09-2017, 02:02 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

The garden is putting out!

Old 10-09-2017, 07:04 PM
i liek turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt View Post
Its no harder to run CrashPlan Small Business on then any other headless system. I plan to run it in Docker for the ultimate laziness
They were supposed to be the chosen ones. Peer-to-peer backups? No-brainer! That's the whole reason I used them. Never underestimate the bandwidth of a Honda Civic doing 70 on the highway with a 4TB USB 3.0 hard disk on the passenger seat ... you know, in case a massive recovery effort is required.

Pro-tip: from me to my parents' house, if I'm carrying a 500GB file, that works out to about 5 Gb/s. 40Gb/s if it's a full 4TB disk. Good luck keeping up with that, Comcrap.
Emerald: i7-2600k @ 4.6 GHz, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3, 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT DDR3-1866, MSI GeForce GTX 970 100ME, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750
Old 10-10-2017, 10:06 AM
TROLOLO

I am having a really shitty week.

Sunday morning I wiped out on the bike and banged myself up pretty good. Bruised the shit out of my left leg, and I think I cracked my right kneecap or something. Hurts like hell and has put me out of commission for a few days... which really sucks because biking is like crack to me right now.

Then this morning I went out to water my tomato and pepper garden, and found this shit:

We had an overnight storm + cold front that just fucking ravaged my tomato plants. I mean, there isn't a single branch that isn't snapped. They were all doing so good too...

Old 10-10-2017, 10:28 AM
teh gun geek

Damn, that sucks about the plants. I walked outside to frost on my car, just not the windshield (I my remote start w/ Drone Mobile). As for my bike, I have my upgrade list ready to go, just need money for it. The list is (in no order).
As you can see, its just a small list.
Do or do not, there is no try.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Old 10-10-2017, 09:54 PM
TROLOLO

I really want to livestream my playthrough of Wind Waker, but I have no idea how I'd go about setting it up. I could potentially use Nvidia Shadowplay, but the WiiU emulator needs every bit of extra CPU time it can get - I don't like the idea of something taking up CPU resources to record / stream live video. I really need to build myself a second PC with an HD capture card that I could use to capture and stream the video and that way I wouldn't have to worry about the above.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:07 PM
TROLOLO

I think I have an introductory streaming setup going now... I haven't setup the webcam yet, but I have a good mic and I've got Shadowplay setup to stream to Youtube. It will probably be just 720p for now since 1080p wants at least 8mbit upstream and the max upstream with Charter is only around 10mbit.

I'm going to do some trial runs with my playthrough of Wind Waker HD, and if it's reasonably OK then I plan to livestream me playing other games.

I haven't decided if adding the webcam is a good thing or not - I tend to make all kinds of weird faces when I'm playing a game.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:56 AM
TROLOLO

Did my first ever Livestream tonight... sort of a shakedown test. No webcam yet, and still some audio and mic issues to work on... but it wasn't too terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yhx...&feature=share

Old 10-12-2017, 11:55 PM
TROLOLO

Second livetstream! Got the webcam setup, and got a pair of headphones on to deal with the audio feedback issues. Turned out pretty good! For now the mic was just the one built into the webcam, but I actually have a nice studio type mic I have yet to unbox and setup.

Still on Youtube, I plan to switch to Twitch eventually though to get more viewers...