GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > Important Stuff > Front Page News

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 09-02-2012, 11:37 AM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck
Default Black Mesa: Source finally gearing up for public release?

A countdown timer has appeared on the Black Mesa: Source homepage. Could they finally be readying themselves for an actual public release?

According to rumors floating about the often delayed and much anticipated mod turned total conversion turned whatever will actually be released for public download starting September 14th, 2012. However sources close to the mod say that only 14 of 18 episodes will be included in the initial release, basically stopping at the Xen levels. (Fine by me, I hated the Xen levels anyway...)

If you've been living under a rock or something for the last decade, Black Mesa: Source (aka 'Black Mesa') is a complete remake of Valve Software's 1998 groundbreaking first person sci-fi shooter "Half-Life". Far from just a simple port, Black Mesa: Source is the original story re-told with maps, models, and audio completely re-created from the ground up by a 40 person team who are devoted fans of the original game. The source-based 'total conversion mod' has been 'in development' since it's initial announcement in 2004 and has often been chastized for delays, lack of progress updates, and has even won awards for it's 'vaporware' status.

Here, let the eye candy tell the story:

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!

Last edited by Overwheat; 09-03-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Overwheat Send a message via MSN to Overwheat

Edited your post. You put the initial announcement as 1994 instead of 2004.

Side note: I'm stoked as I've never sat down and played the original Half-Life.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 PM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

Much like with Episode Three, even though there's a countdown, I'll believe it when I see it.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit