GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > The Lobby

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 09-28-2016, 04:39 PM
teh gun geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildre View Post
It's one of the non-exploding Note 7s, right? With the green battery indicator?
Correct. And today I finally got a working SIM for my G4 Plus. Loving it so far, especially considering I got the 64GB/4G model for $249.99.
Do or do not, there is no try.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1525 ($1000 with sales)
  • Games owned: 358
  • Games played: 124 (34%)
  • Hours on record: 875.6h
Old 09-28-2016, 06:37 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt View Post
Correct. And today I finally got a working SIM for my G4 Plus. Loving it so far, especially considering I got the 64GB/4G model for $249.99.
It was a tough call for me between the G4 Plus and the X Pure/Style.

Both phones have features that the other doesn't:

The X Pure/Style has a slightly bigger screen, better processor, better camera, an oleopathic coating (splashproof supposedly), and really nifty front firing stereo speakers.

The G4 Plus has more RAM (4GB vs 3GB on the X Pure) and a nifty fingerprint sensor.

I love my new X Pure, but to be honest I loved my old Huawei Ascend Mate 2 more. That 6.1" screen (even though it was only 720x1280) and 4,000mah battery were just a combination that couldn't be beat. If the damn replacement USB/mic board wasn't an ungodly $60 on Ebay I would have tried to repair it and keep on using it.

There hasn't been another phone like it IMO, the closest thing sofar has been the Ascend Mate 7 and 8. They are modern versions with updated specs and that same awesome 4,000mah battery and huge screen. The downer is that Huawei moved from the Qualcomm processor to their own custom in-house silicon and that means that custom ROMs like CyanogenMod are probably never going to happen. Even though the phone is one of the fastest available today that lack of Cyanogenmod possibility absolutely kills it for me.

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 09-30-2016, 09:59 AM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 5 micro ATX motherboard
Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX cube case
2 cases of Ball 8oz jelly jars
2lb bag of bulk fruit pectin

Old 10-13-2016, 12:37 PM
teh gun geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekRedneck View Post
It was a tough call for me between the G4 Plus and the X Pure/Style.

Both phones have features that the other doesn't:

The X Pure/Style has a slightly bigger screen, better processor, better camera, an oleopathic coating (splashproof supposedly), and really nifty front firing stereo speakers.

The G4 Plus has more RAM (4GB vs 3GB on the X Pure) and a nifty fingerprint sensor.

I love my new X Pure, but to be honest I loved my old Huawei Ascend Mate 2 more. That 6.1" screen (even though it was only 720x1280) and 4,000mah battery were just a combination that couldn't be beat. If the damn replacement USB/mic board wasn't an ungodly $60 on Ebay I would have tried to repair it and keep on using it.

There hasn't been another phone like it IMO, the closest thing sofar has been the Ascend Mate 7 and 8. They are modern versions with updated specs and that same awesome 4,000mah battery and huge screen. The downer is that Huawei moved from the Qualcomm processor to their own custom in-house silicon and that means that custom ROMs like CyanogenMod are probably never going to happen. Even though the phone is one of the fastest available today that lack of Cyanogenmod possibility absolutely kills it for me.
I ended up having to get a replacement phone too, but it rocks now. No Cyanogenmod for me yet either, since not many devs have access to the XT1644 I have.
GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++

Old 12-10-2016, 02:19 PM
TROLOLO

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I liked the RGB LED string lights so much I just ordered two more sets!

Old 12-13-2016, 08:50 PM
TROLOLO

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in 2XL

Yup, I'm an animal lover but I'm also a firm believer in static shock collars for training. I'm hoping a couple of training sessions will teach them that random idiotic barking is a no-no.

Seems like I'm always needing a chainsaw for various yard related work. The need for one isn't often enough to warrant messing with gas though. So a pretty highly rated electric one it is.

Xbox One S controller (new version with Bluetooth for PCs) - selfish 'for me' Christmas present to replace my 2 year old Xbox 360 wireless pad.

Set of 10 - 16oz Pub Glasses. I've been wanting a good set of basic drinking glasses that are GLASS and not plastic like our cabinet is currently filled with. But this may end up being one of the gifts for the family Christmas auction this year. If it does I'll be sure and bid on it and try to win it lol...

Old 12-26-2016, 10:10 AM
teh gun geek

A DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KWLKKQU..._6htyyb1B8TA4Q, Boon Flair Harness/Buckle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003LNU8PK..._lktyybAJ6JTVX, UAP-AC-LITE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017MD6CHM..._Xktyyb4E96BVQ and Ultra Absorb Tidy Cats Breeze Pad Compatible Premium Cat Pads Refills - with 2 Bonus Pads https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018ITP7ES..._kltyybK80KEGR

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Old 01-27-2017, 11:48 PM
TROLOLO

A five pack of awesome CREE powered flashlights. These babies are tough, cheap, and super bright.

Generic Bluetooth 4.x dongle - I needed this to use the Xbox One S controller with my PC!

3-pack 10 foot MicroUSB charging / sync cables - These are awesome for the price. Nice, braided cloth covered, seem to be fairly well made. At around $4 per cable it's hard to argue the deal...

Universal tabletop TV mount - Needed this for my 50" Samsung to get it higher off the desk...

BT-C700 smart AA/AAA battery charger
- I've wanted one of these for a long ass time and I finally got one. It's a clone of the Lacrosse BC-700 smart charger. VERY COOL and if you use rechargeable batteries I highly recommend it versus a plain jane charger. It does things like capacity testing, battery conditioning, voltage and amperage monitoring, and more.

Aukey 2 port USB charger with Quick Charge 2.0 support - Needed this to go with the cables above since the only QC charger I have doesn't have a detachable USB cable.

Ranch popcorn seasoning - Because the shit is like crack. I hate popcorn but I use it on steamed veggies and stuff.

6x4 packs of Tenergy 2,000mah NiMH batteries - Got these off Rakuten I think for super cheap. They aren't Eneloops but still pretty high up on the quality scale.

AA/AAA battery storage case - Needed for my ever increasing AA NiMH rechargeable battery hoard.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:28 PM
i liek turtles

Renewed my Civic's registration at the DMV. Does that count?
Emerald: i7-4930k @stock, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4, 64GB Crucial DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX 1070 TURBO 8GB, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750

noisybox: i7-2600k @stock, Corsair H50, Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3, 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 500GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 2x 8TB WD Red RAID 1, Corsair Carbide 200R, 6x Thermaltake 120mm fans, SeaSonic X650 SS-650KM3, Debian 9.5 + Proxmox VE
Old 03-01-2017, 08:00 AM
teh gun geek

A house.