GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > The Lobby

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:56 AM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Started watching 'Falling Skies'... into the third or fourth episode of season 1 and so far it's pretty good. Still want to think of Noah Wylie as 'Doctor Carter' though... lol

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:00 AM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

No one fucking posts anymore.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:58 AM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

I was at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival yesterday... lots of good food and drink, bookended by a shitton of walking. The group I was with cited it at around 9 miles or so from beginning to end.

Today... relaxation.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit
Old 10-21-2012, 07:38 PM
i liek turtles

I am wiped out. Been a busy weekend...took Mario to two pumpkin farms, which required a bit of driving and resulted in hundreds of photos :-)

Waiting for dinner to finish baking. After that it's bedtime for Mario, and The Walking Dead time for Julie and me. Adam is working, so we are recording it on the DVR for him to watch tomorrow afternoon (he works until 7 tomorrow morning, then he comes home and sleeps for a large portion of the day).
Old 10-22-2012, 08:12 PM
i liek turtles

So ... as you may be aware, I am a member of the IT team where I work. More specifically I am in a team leadership position, and I have two guys in my local team. Since 2006 we (starting with myself) have been known as office pranksters. We play little tricks here and there, but the grand schemes occur when a staff member goes on his or her honeymoon. People don't get married particularly often -- the latest prank is only the third -- but the first two major ones were as follows:

1. I covered my first team member's desk in aluminum foil. I individually wrapped all items on his desk including his keyboard, mouse, roll of Scotch tape, monitor, laptop docking station, cup of water (leaving the water in the cup), and chair. With the leftover foil, I created him a hat.

2. When I went on my honeymoon, my desk was filled to the brim with dry ramen noodles, and all of my computer equipment was hidden throughout the office.

Other than that, we randomly change peoples' desktop backgrounds to My Little Pony, cover their optical mouse LEDs with small Post-Its, and use their video driver settings to rotate their displays.

This latest prank, though, is the grandest one we have ever performed. All three of us worked on this through three lunch breaks (so 9 man-hours) to complete this task.

Shortly before our mark went on his honeymoon, we received a rather large order: thirty 24" LED widescreen monitors and fifteen Ivy Bridge-based laptops. We'd allocated just over half the monitors and almost all of the laptops, but we hadn't discarded the boxes yet. So, we broke down the boxes by undoing the bottoms and cutting single edges, thereby making long pieces of cardboard ... and we built him a house. Yep, we built walls, a front door, a roof, and a chimney (he's running an old Dell OptiPlex 755 that fits absolutely perfectly inside) over his 8x8 half-height cubicle.

He returns to the office tomorrow at 9:30 in the morning. So far, my accomplices and I have planned on using three 1080p cameras to record our mark's entrance and reaction: my Nikon D3100, one guy's Sony something-or-other prosumer camera, and my Galaxy Nexus.

There is only one incomplete piece. I must send a text message to our mark tomorrow morning containing only two words:

Welcome "home."

Pictures and video to follow when the prank has been played. I want to ensure that none of these photos make it onto the Internet so the mark doesn't inadvertently stumble upon them. For those who follow me on Facebook: this is the funny that will arrive.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:40 PM
P.P.I.T.A - Professional Pain In the Ass

Been busy as of late, only gonna get even more busy come black friday. but I'm actually hoping I have the opening shift. Lol.
Ram: 8GB OCZ Reaper PC2-1066
Video: EVGA GTX560 Ti SC 2GB @ 900/1800/2004
HD: 1x WD Black 640GB AALS SATA2 3.0GB/s
1x WD Black 1TB FALS SATA2 3.0GB/s
Optical: Samsung SH-S223Q 22x DVD multiwriter w/Lightscribe
Sound: Onboard 7.1 Surround
Speakers: Logitech X-540 5.1

Old 10-22-2012, 08:43 PM
TROLOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildre View Post
For those who follow me on Facebook: this is the funny that will arrive.

Wait... you're on facebook?

Old 10-22-2012, 08:45 PM
TROLOLO

The roomate (my aunt) and I have been looking at houses...

Yup... the ol' Badass Doublewide is literally falling down around us and she wants to finally buy a real house. She actually offered to give me this place for my own but there's no way I could afford all the work that it needs (siding replaced, rotten floors replaced, tubs and shower replaced, etc).

Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 AM
i liek turtles

I've set up a webcam to monitor the parking lot. Using RDP I've called myself via Skype and have shared video so I can watch ... the video feed looks like utter crap, but the guy drives a Honda Element and will drive it through the foreground of the picture, so I'll know when I have to jump up and roll cameras.

People around the office are like "damn Andy, this is some serious shit." Yes .... yes, it is.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:06 PM
i liek turtles

Photos uploaded to Facebook. More photos available here: http://imgur.com/a/K7xLY#0