GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > The Lobby

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 02-10-2018, 09:06 AM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
The fuckin' dog in the next apartment won't shut the fuck up and it is annoying the hell out of me.
Boot to the head.

TAI KWAN LEEP!

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 02-10-2018, 11:00 AM
i liek turtles

Only ended up with 6" of snow, which still isn't that bad but not as much as we had anticipated. It was snowing a few minutes ago but it appears to have let up now. The Civic handled the snow fantastically.
Emerald: i7-4930k @stock, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4, 64GB Crucial DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX 1070 TURBO 8GB, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750

noisybox: i7-2600k @stock, Corsair H50, Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3, 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 500GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 2x 8TB WD Red RAID 1, Corsair Carbide 200R, 6x Thermaltake 120mm fans, SeaSonic X650 SS-650KM3, Debian 9.4 + Proxmox VE
Old 02-10-2018, 01:52 PM
teh gun geek

Leighton is teething again. Heidi and I got almost no sleep last night....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do or do not, there is no try.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Old 02-11-2018, 08:07 PM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

Really glad Google lets you edit/organize your phone contacts through their website. If I had to spend the last 30-40min. doing all that on my phone, I probably wouldn't have done it.

Everything is so much better now.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit
Old 02-11-2018, 09:42 PM
teh gun geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
Really glad Google lets you edit/organize your phone contacts through their website. If I had to spend the last 30-40min. doing all that on my phone, I probably wouldn't have done it.

Everything is so much better now.

Yeah. Glad you can on iCloud.com too

GCS/IT/CM/O d- s+:+ a c++++ B P--- L+ E---- W+++ N o-- K- w+++++ O---- M V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5 X-- R- tv+ b+ DI++ D++ G e++ h---- r+++ y++++
Old 02-12-2018, 07:41 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

The fan on the GTX 560 in my niece's PC self destructed.

That's one of my old cards, too... the EVGA 'Balls of Steel' edition card that came in "Duke's fully loaded package' - a special edition GTX 560 that I still think was hilariously awesome even though I hear the game sucked balls.

Anyway, replaced it with an EVGA GTX 570. Also upgraded her i3-2120 to an i5-2400. Four real cores instead of two hyperthreaded ones.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:54 PM
TROLOLO

So here's a puzzle.

I cannot reliably directly play back media stored on the newly built NAS box. It suffers from random stutter at various times. Switching from Windows 10's built in media player to Media Player Classic - Home Cinema reduces the stuttering a fair amount, but it's still there and sometimes severe.

That would immediately lead me to believe that network throughput is at fault - the server can't provide data fast enough, right? Except... it can. Like tenfold. It's all gigabit over CAT6, and not the cheap CCA stuff either... it's solid copper conductor CAT6. I can copy the same movie file that I witness stuttering from the NAS to my PC and get an instant and steady ~120MB/s no problem for the entire copy process.

I still plan to setup Plex on the NAS box but this bugs the shit out of me and I know there has to be something I've overlooked.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:37 PM
teh gun geek

Default What are you up to?

Hmm. Itís Micro$oft playback software? Does VLC do the same thing?

I.e. I can stream fine over WiFi at ~500Mbps.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:10 AM
TROLOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt View Post
Hmm. Itís Micro$oft playback software? Does VLC do the same thing?

I.e. I can stream fine over WiFi at ~500Mbps.

I haven't tried it, but MPC/MPC-HC is about the simplest least resource intensive media player around. I'd think if anything would work it would be that.

I actually must be one of the only people in the world to hate VLC. I think it's cumbersome, counter-intuitive at best, and generally it annoys the shit outta me.

Man, you know what media player I miss? Anyone remember Sasami2k? That was one badass video player... too bad the developer dropped off the face of the earth.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:01 AM
TROLOLO

Trying to get Plex working on Unraid.

I got the app and docker setup, but for some reason the Plex server end just isn't seeing the files in my movie folder on the NAS.

I know it's running because the server shows up on all the different devices in the house, but browsing for media reveals nothing.