GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > Gaming

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 03-28-2013, 02:47 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Added Trine, Trine 2, and Trine 2: Goblin Menace

Gonna get embarrassing soon if I don't play something, lulz...

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:54 AM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Although I already played through Portal waaay back when The Orange Box came out, I'm playing through it again so that the story will be fresh in my mind for Portal 2.

And as if you couldn't guess Portal 2 will be what I play next.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:31 PM
TROLOLO

Onward to Portal 2!

Old 04-03-2013, 12:56 AM
TROLOLO

Portal 2

So as you can see I'm all of 2 minutes into the game and I've already had to stop and admire the eye candy. There's something about seeing the same test chambers (but this time all old and rotten) that gives me a rush. It's probably the same reason I like disaster movies and shows like 'The Walking Dead' or 'Life Without People'. That probably doesn't make any sense... anyway I literally just now took the screenshot and jumped out of the game to post this. Does that make me weird?

Onward and forward!

Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 AM
TROLOLO

More Portal 2

So a few minutes ago I finished Portal 2! I really had a great time playing through the game and my only regret is that I waited so long after it's release to play it. I mentioned above how much I liked the 'old decaying' Aperture Labs and without getting into spoiler territory let me just say that there is SO MUCH MORE of that type of atmosphere in this game. I ate it up too just like candy.

Portal was a puzzler at heart and the sequel continues in that spirit. Much (but not all) of the game is spent just as the first game was - solving puzzles to get out of 'test chambers'. The sequel also adds a few new gameplay elements in addition to the portal gun, all of which are pretty easy to learn how to use and take advantage of. Portal 2 is also MUCH longer than the original game - you can really tell that Valve pulled out all the stops developing the title.

Portal 2 takes the quirky humor we saw in the first game and effectively puts it into overdrive... but I never really found the characters overly annoying nor overbearing. Some people may think differently though and I can certainly see why.

For me Portal 2 may just rank up there with some of the best single player gaming I've ever done on the PC... it's pretty much right up there with Half-Life 2. It's funny, lengthy, and all throughout it keeps you totally engaged. If you haven't played it (perhaps you've spent the past few years beneath a rock like I have) then you absolutely must. Period.

What will I play next? No idea... I'm still basking in the Portal 2 afterglow. I'm thinking maybe a racing title like DiRT3 or GRID...

Old 04-04-2013, 03:49 AM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

If you get the chance, you should try the co-op in Portal 2. It's actually quite fun, and you get to curse someone out for messing up your plan.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit
Old 04-25-2013, 04:23 PM
TROLOLO

Good lord I can't believe it's been three weeks since I played Portal 2... still haven't had time to start on another game.

After seeing the new footage of the Zelda game for the 3DS I was reminded that I haven't played Skyward Sword yet. I really need to, it's just that I detest actually using the Wiimote to play games.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:00 PM
HERP DERKEN!

At least you can, stupid not-having-a-Wii-anymore. Dolphin doesn't entirely support it either; it needs the Wii MotionPlus doohickey to work.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit
Old 05-07-2013, 08:03 AM
TROLOLO

So yesterday morning I started playing Batman: Arkham Asylum...

I ended up playing for like 4 or 5 hours before I finally got tired and went to bed. I've never been heavy into Batman, in fact I've never read the comics and the only movie I've seen is the 1989 movie with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. (I did watch the 1960's Batman TV show as a kid quite a bit though) Because of this a lot of the backstory and lore is lost on me...

The game is very attractive visually and the art style is generally well done, but the amount of button combinations you have to remember is mind numbingly confusing to me a lot of the time. Luckily I have been able to defeat most of the groups of baddies by simple mashing of the left mouse button (attack). Bain (I think that's his name?) was a little more difficult since you have to use the battarang at specific times to stun him or whatever... took me a few tries to beat him. I think I get to fight Croc dude next...

I have to make a confession.... Harley Quinn gives me a mega-stiffy.

I made it to the Batcave yesterday just before I quit, so it will be interesting to see where today's gameplay takes me.

Here are a few pieces of eye candy:

Old 05-07-2013, 12:46 PM
HERP DERKEN!

Yeah, the Arkham games imo are very well done. I really felt like Batman grappling around, taking out rooms filled with badguys and whatnot.

Make sure you get all of the Riddler's puzzles!