GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > Gaming

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 02-27-2014, 04:42 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

I decided to test out Nvidia's ShadowPlay recording technology last night, here's ~40 minutes of me sucking ass at Borderlands. This was recorded with ShadowPlay on the 'Medium' preset and uploaded directly to Youtube with no re-encoding or editing.

Shadowplay is pretty damned awesome. For those unaware, it's a new technology that Nvidia debuted in it's driver software a few month's ago that basically uses the built-in hardware x.264 encoder on Geforce (6 and 7 series) GPUs to record gameplay video on-the-fly completely penalty free. Think FRAPS but without any sort of CPU penalty... it's amazing.

Oh yeah... 40 minutes of 1080p/60fps gameplay video ate up about 6GB of space at the Medium quality settings. I don't think that's too shabby at all.

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 02-28-2014, 11:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to Overwheat Send a message via MSN to Overwheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekRedneck View Post
Borderlands - General Knoxx's Armory (3rd run) - (40 minutes, Nvidia Shadowplay) - YouTube

I decided to test out Nvidia's ShadowPlay recording technology last night, here's ~40 minutes of me sucking ass at Borderlands. This was recorded with ShadowPlay on the 'Medium' preset and uploaded directly to Youtube with no re-encoding or editing.

Shadowplay is pretty damned awesome. For those unaware, it's a new technology that Nvidia debuted in it's driver software a few month's ago that basically uses the built-in hardware x.264 encoder on Geforce (6 and 7 series) GPUs to record gameplay video on-the-fly completely penalty free. Think FRAPS but without any sort of CPU penalty... it's amazing.

Oh yeah... 40 minutes of 1080p/60fps gameplay video ate up about 6GB of space at the Medium quality settings. I don't think that's too shabby at all.
Love me some shadowplay. I really like that you can choose to record microphone input as well so if you want to commentate, or in my case, make sure your own voice is recorded in team games.

I'll need to see about uploading some of the Titanfall stuff I did during the beta.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:58 AM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overwheat View Post
Love me some shadowplay. I really like that you can choose to record microphone input as well so if you want to commentate, or in my case, make sure your own voice is recorded in team games.
Not only can you do that, but you can also overlay webcam footage in one corner of the screen if you want. Not that I would. No one wants to see my fat face. lol...

Old 09-11-2014, 06:13 PM
TROLOLO

Old 09-12-2014, 06:33 AM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

God, I love the music in that game. And the characters. And the customization. Not so much the rubberbanding.

I really wish they had kept this "universe" going after Carbon, but alas, it was not to be.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit
Old 09-12-2014, 10:22 AM
TROLOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
God, I love the music in that game. And the characters. And the customization. Not so much the rubberbanding.

I really wish they had kept this "universe" going after Carbon, but alas, it was not to be.
I swear to God every time "Two Lane Blacktop" comes on in the game I start bobbing my head and dancing like a retard. Best driving song EVAR!

Old 03-04-2016, 02:29 PM
TROLOLO

And a year later guess what video I'm going to post?

A quick race in NFS: Underground! - IN GLORIOUS 4K (3840x2160) with 16xAA and 16xAF!

Old 10-19-2017, 06:03 AM
TROLOLO

Here's an example of how well CEMU emulates the Wii U. I decided to hit the 'record' hotkey before I fought the boss in the Wind Temple in Zelda: Wind Waker HD. The video is in 1080p, but I was actually playing in 4K which looks even more amazing than the video.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:22 PM
i liek turtles

Doing my Borderlands 2 runthrough. Wanted to do a new TVHM with Gaige, but I decided to start from scratch. 720p30.

Here's part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIUTAaEkQKE

Here's part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b_6QkU_twQ

Part 3 is 95% processed as I post this, but here it is anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-O9olVdclQ
Emerald: i7-2600k @ 4.6 GHz, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3, 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT DDR3-1866, MSI GeForce GTX 970 100ME, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750
Old 10-23-2017, 10:24 PM
i liek turtles

Doing my Borderlands 2 runthrough. Wanted to do a new TVHM with Gaige, but I decided to start from scratch. 720p30.

Here's part 1:

Here's part 2:

Part 3 is 95% processed as I post this, but here it is anyway.
Emerald: i7-2600k @ 4.6 GHz, Thermaltake Water 3.0 240 RGB, ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3, 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT DDR3-1866, MSI GeForce GTX 970 100ME, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x 6TB WD Red RAID 1, Thermaltake Core V51 Riing Edition, Corsair AX750