GameBeat Forums  
"Very funny, Scotty... NOW BEAM DOWN MY DAMN UNIFORM!"

Go Back   GameBeat Forums > General Chit-Chat > Gaming

New User Registration is now OPEN - Come on in!

Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck
Default So I guess I'm gonna do one of dem dere gaming backlog threads...

Yup, I've got a LOT of gaming to catch up with and games to catch up on.

Maybe at some point I'll even list the ones I plan to play here, but for now let's just say there is a hell of a lot. Probably a few dozen in my Steam library alone that are on my list...

I was a pretty big PC and console gamer all through the 1990's and into the early 2000's, but sometime after 2004 I just kind of ... well ... quit. Half-Life 2 was probably the last PC game I really got into and played hardcore - especially multiplayer ala HL2DM. Even now eight years later I still have the hankerin' for some good old Half-Life 2 Deathmatch. There's just something so satisfying about killing someone with a freakin' toilet chucked across a room by the gravgun.

Anyway between then and now there has been the oddball game I'll get into such as the awesome Portal, several Wii and Gamecube titles like Zelda and Rock Band... but really not much.

And yet throughout all these years I've kept a PC that's pretty much gamer ready. Kinda stupid, I know.

So I aim to change all that from now on... I want to get back into gaming especially on the PC side. I'll use this thread to show off what I've been playing and what I plan to play. It probably won't be nearly as organized as the one recently started by our own Sorce, but it will do the job.

Here's the list of every game I've got on Steam that I haven't played, finished, (or plan to replay)...

Alan Wake
Alan Wake: American Nightmare
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition
Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition
BioShock
BioShock 2
BioShock Infinite (Added 8/14/13)
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Borderlands DLC: Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution
Borderlands DLC: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot
Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Borderlands DLC: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
Dark Messiah Might and Magic Single Player
Darksiders
Day of Defeat: Source
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
Duke Nukem Forever
Far Cry
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Jade Empire: Special Edition
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Metro 2033
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: SHIFT
Overlord
Portal
Portal 2
Prey
Psychonauts
Red Faction: Armageddon
Saints Row: The Third
Serious Sam 2
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Sonic Generations
Team Fortress 2 Beta
The Darkness II
Tomb Raider (2012)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Torchlight
Trine
Trine 2
Trine 2: Goblin Menace
Two Worlds: Epic Edition
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition

ADDED 5/31/2013:

Mark of the Ninja
Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing
Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing: Transformed
Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode I
Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II
Penny Arcade's On The Rain Slicked Precipice of Darkness 3

The Walking Dead
Back To The Future (all 5 episodes)
Hector: Badge of Courage (3 episodes)
Poker Night At The Inventory
Puzzle Agent 1
Puzzle Agent 2
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (all 5 episodes)
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures (all 4 episodes)

ADDED 6/6/13:

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
Serious Sam Double D
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter

ADDED 8/7/13:

Risen
Risen 2
Saint's Row: The Third
Saint's Row: The Third - The Full Package (DLC)
Sacred 2: Gold
Dead Island: GOTY
Sacred Citadel

Added 9/1/13:

Dead Space
Dead Space 3
Crysis 2: Maximum Edition
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge
The Sims 3 + Starter Pack
Battlefield 3
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Populous
Ducktales! Remastered

ADDED 10/3/2013:
Batman: Arkham Origins
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Added 10/10/2013:
Cities XL Platinum
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition
Divinity II: Developer's Cut
R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War
Game of Thrones
Confrontation
Wargame: European Escalation
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

And of course there are a few games on my shelf that I've bought over the years that I've yet to play - mostly ALL of them:

Steam Profile HERE - Friend me!
Facebook HERE - Friend me!
YouTube HERE and HERE - Friend me!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:55 PM
TROLOLO

Send a message via ICQ to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via AIM to TheGeekRedneck Send a message via Yahoo to TheGeekRedneck

Holy shit I made a new thread!

So anyway as most of you know I've been replaying Doom 3 recently. I've taken the retail release from 2004 and updated it with graphical mods to make it look much better. Specifically Sikkmod along with high resolution texture packs by Wulfen and Monoxead. There's also a Venom menu pack that updates the Doom 3 menu system with a better looking interface and the ability to setup widescreen resolutions without any config file hacking.

The experience has been awesome... I recently beat the original game and now I'm working on the 'Resurrection of Evil' expansion pack. This expansion pack was co-developed by Nerve Software with guidance by Id, and it definitely shows. You go back to Mars two years after the original incident and the hellish mayhem begins anew. The expansion pack brings new levels, a few new weapons, and dare I say quite a bit harder gameplay. Yes, the expansion is notably more difficult than the original game... sometimes frustratingly so.

It could be my imagination, but the expansion also seems to feature quite a few more mini-boss and boss battles. Defeating these bosses definitely seems to require more puzzle solving abilities and thinking, although nothing too daunting for the average gamer. I kind of like it, actually.

I'm more than halfway through the expansion and should finish in the next couple of days as time permits.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 PM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

At the least, you should make a list of the Steam games you haven't played yet. It'll be the 2x4 to the face that should get you going. RoE (or at least your description of it) reminds me of the HL add-ons, Blue Shift and Opposing Force. Those were both harder than the base game (a lot more in the case of OP), but still fairly fun.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit
Old 02-20-2013, 08:44 PM
TROLOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
At the least, you should make a list of the Steam games you haven't played yet. It'll be the 2x4 to the face that should get you going. RoE (or at least your description of it) reminds me of the HL add-ons, Blue Shift and Opposing Force. Those were both harder than the base game (a lot more in the case of OP), but still fairly fun.
Yeah... I've actually been searching the Vbulletin.org forums for a gaming backlog plugin ... I can't believe no one has thought of making one yet. I think it would be kinda cool...

But alas I guess backlog threads will have to do.

Steam games I haven't played yet? Well hell that would be nearly the entire list save for Half-Life and Portal.

I've also been thinking of trying to play Bioshock again, but holy freakin GOD it's made me so sick every time I've tried to play it sofar. (Motion sickness). Supposedly it's because of the FOV that the game uses and I think there are fixes for it now so I might have to fire the game up, pull up an empty trash can beside me just in case, and give it a try.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 PM
HERP DERKEN!

Alternately, just buy System Shock 2 on GOG, and get the better version of the same game.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit
Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 AM
TROLOLO

Updated the OP with my Steam list plus a few actual boxes (GASP!) I have on the shelf.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:47 PM
HERP DERKEN!

Your thread demands updates!

Old 03-10-2013, 02:47 AM
TROLOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
Your thread demands updates!
Everything got put on hold because I'm going to New Orleans... lol

Old 03-22-2013, 07:11 AM
TROLOLO

Got back from New Orleans - promptly got the worst stomach bug I can ever remember having. I hope to start playing SOMETHING this weekend.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 AM
TROLOLO

So I just FINALLY finished Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil!

Holy HELL that final boss battle is fucking HARD! And I nearly shit my pants at the final cutscene... I thought I screwed up somehow and was dead. It's a pretty sweet cutscene and ending - I might have to re-do it and record it with FRAPS before I delete the game off my HD and make room for something else.

Again, from beginning to end the Resurrection of Evil expansion pack is quite a bit more challenging than the original game. Sometimes it's frustrating but overall I'd say it's definitely worth putting time into playing.