View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 08:08 AM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

Firewatch
I'd wanted this game for a while, since the trailer looked interesting enough, and the art style was kind of neat. That said, I purchased the game purely because at the time I needed to have a recent purchase on my Steam account so I could use the Marketplace, and this was the cheapest on my wishlist.

~5 hours later, I've beaten it and it's a neat little game. You play a spotter for the Forest Service (not a Ranger) where you spend the summer in a little tower making sure the place doesn't catch fire. Along the way you run into a few people, and get embroiled in a gigantic conspiracy that will shake you to your very core.

Kidding.

Like I said, it's a neat game, and most of the dialog is between you and another lookout, who you never see but can speak with over the radio. Gameplay is mostly "walking simulator" with dialog choices, but the world you inhabit is pretty vibrant and worth exploring every chance you get. If nothing else, you get a map that gets increasingly detailed as you discover things, so filling that out is an adventure in and of itself.

Anyway, it's a short little distraction that was surprisingly engaging given the time spent, and if you pick it up, Firewatch is worth it.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit