View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 07:17 AM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

Dead Effect
I'll be honest, I bought this pretty much sight unseen because the title looked to combine two of my favorite franchises, Dead Space and Mass Effect. It was also under $2 on sale, so I figured it was a good deal.

That said, story mode gameplay is basically one-person horde mode with objectives. An interesting thing right off the bat was that you could pick the gender of your character, and that gave you different (starting) weapons. The guy has an assault rifle and a semi-auto pistol, while the girl has a shotgun and a revolver. Everything else seems to be the same up until the point I've played at the moment, with an odd glitch with the female's "run voice" being the man's.

The graphics are average, the voice acting is either wooden or bad accents, the weapons generally work, but reloading seems to take way too long on the shotgun (even with upgrades), and you get swarmed super-easy so movement is key. There are also other game modes, but I haven't played them yet, so that could be where the real fun is. As of right now, it's probably worth the $5 I've seen it at, definitely worth it at less, especially if you want a decent time-waster. It's not going to set the world on fire, but it's far from the worst game I've ever played.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit