View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 08:24 AM
Send a message via AIM to Sorce

Ha! You thought there was going to be another game post here, didn't you?

You're right. Bastard.

Dragon Age II: Legacy DLC
I made the mistake of not playing this until after I'd already beaten the base game. It's not really something, story-wise, that shouyld be experienced then. Mostly because it's about the Hawke Family in general, and Protagonist Hawke's father in the specific. And well, spoiler, there's a really good chance that Protagonist Hawke will be the only one left alive at the end of the base game. Getting your family members' opinions and whatnot during/after this particular bit of DLC would have been nice.

As far as lore goes, it's pretty cool. We get to find out more about the Wardens, and the Hawke Family History, and how the two are intertwined. Protagonist Hawke also gets a bad-ass new weapon suited to their class, along with the player's (one-time) pick of stat boosts. The mini-boss fights get harder and harder as you progress of course, as well as the DLC NPCs getting harder and harder to believe as to what happened way back when... all offering conflicting reports, of course. The final boss was a PITA for me, but I did muddle through it and got my Super Special Awesome Bow.... that I couldn't use on anything, since I'd beaten the game. Whoops.

So basically, if you liked Dragon Age II, and the lore therein (and that is a very divisive question, let me tell you) then you'll enjoy it. And make sure you play it some time before the end of the game. Maybe... Act II? Not sure.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit