View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 06:49 AM
HERP DERKEN!

Send a message via AIM to Sorce

Well, it's 2015, so I figured I'd pick this back up again and see if I can't knock out a few more games. Little did I know what I was getting into.

Gone Home
This is one of those games-that-isn't-entirely-a-game. Like, you play a fictional character, but the gameplay amounts to walking around your parents' house and clicking on things to figure out what's going on. There's no "action", just reading and occasionally listening to a mid-90s Grrl Rock song.

That said, it's amazing. The premise is that you play as Kaitlin Greenbriar, home from her year abroad and arrives to an empty house. Katie then has to search the house to figure out what's going on. Upon doing so, she finds out that not all is as she left it (especially since it's a new house), and there are secrets to be unearthed. The house itself may even be haunted?

The one not so great thing is that it's not a very long game. I cleared it in just over an hour, probably about the same amount of time to do what Katie did in real-time. It's a minor complaint though, since the game itself absolutely sucked me into the world and the time spent didn't feel like it.
Phong: ASRock H97M-ITXac Motherboard//Intel Core i7-4790K Processor @ 4.0GHz//16GB G.Skill PC3-12800//MSI nVidia GTX 970//Onboard 7.1 Sound//Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD//Lite-On DVD-RW//Generic Mid-Tower Case//24" Asus VH242H and 20" HP w2007 Monitors//Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Tomato: Acer C7 Chromebook//Intel Celeron 847 @1.1GHz//6GB PC3-12800//Intel HD2000 Graphics//Onboard Sound//Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD//11.6" Widescreen//ChromeOS 51 64-Bit